Do I replace my old wooden entry door with fiberglass of steel? Fiberglass or steel is today’s great debate in the replacement door market. Here at All About Windows & Siding, we choose replacement Home Guard steel entry doors and we’ll tell you why.
- SAFETY – The safety of your home and family is always first. Home Guard doors offer such features as an 18 gauge steel frame, deadbolt security pins, high-security six pin locks and laminated safety glass. Our steel edge door has over ten times the strength of a wood edge door to protect against forced entry. In addition to your safety, we promote the steel replacement door as an entire system designed to last a lifetime. The system consists of the door, slab, frame, finish, glass, hardware, and warranty.
- DOOR SLAB – No wood, heavy 22 gauge steel, adjustable hinge plate system, composite lockbox, deep coined embossed panel, 100% polyurethane foam filled core, slide on a bottom sweep and architecturally correct rail and stile construction.
- FRAME – Nested hinge pocket, adjustable threshold, adjustable strike plate, ball bearing hinge, magnetic weatherstrip and 18 gauge steel L-frame.
- FINISH – Hot dipped galvanized skin, lead-free polyurethane enamel, hand rubbed artist oil stain, unlimited custom color match, 7-year paint and stain warranty (industry best)
- GLASS – over 50 custom decorative glass options, iron art styles, security glass, mini blind option and Low E options
- HARDWARE – Professional remodeling grade Schlage lock and deadbolts, exact match system and keyed alike options
- WARRANTY – Lifetime on door slab, 7 years on finish, transferable to next homeowner and strong manufacturer support